AFRA SmartStart is a solution for deploying Microsoft Access applications.
Main component is a application specific small exe file, that will be the single entry point for users.
The AFRA SmartStart is used for automating the of version updates into user computer before they start a MS Access application.
A small exe file that is usually renamed according to custom application name, like MyApp.exe. To use this exe the Visual basic runtime: MSVBVM60.DLL is required. It is present in most of the Windows systems.
AFRA_SmartStart does not require running any setup program or registration. Just copy and run.
You can rename AFRA_SmartStart.exe according to Your application name. For example: ‘MyApp.exe’. The ini file is then expected to be at same folder named ‘MyApp.ini’. If the ini file is not present, the AFRA_SmartStart promts a dialog for setting up the ini file.
What does the SmartStart do?
- Enables to define a list of required application files and their locations.
- Checks the existence of the local folder (the folder where the program normally runs) and to creates the folder if it is missing.
- Checks version of each file in the local folder and replaces an old version with the most recent ones from server. Registers components if required.
- Updates program settings in Windows registry
- Finds msaccess.exe in current workstation so that the system can start even if access is not on common path.
- Executes msaccess.exe with specified mdb or mde file and a workgroup file.